VW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm in the US and have a 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium with the discover Media system.

My Navigation map data is outdated and I want to update it.

It looks like on the volkswagen website there are updates available for just about any market except North America. Volkswagen Map & Softwareupdates

the HERE updates only work for the pre-MIB 2 cars (the first generation Tiguan).

I popped my SD card into my computer and it looks like the maps data is from 2016.

Does anybody know where to get current North America map data for my navigation system?

Many Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Golf Alltrack SEL and am having the same issues! I've gone round and round with VW, checked all over the internet and VW sites but alas, no update!

Why did I purchase the SEL package? I wanted NAVIGATION! Because the maps in the system are so outdated many streets in my area that have been around for four years still don't exist in the navigation options!

With an SD card, connection (Carplay) to the internet, a USB plug-in, several calls to VW parts, and quarterly dealership visits, WHY CAN'T I GET AN UPDATE SOMEHOW??????

VW needs to better support customers if they want sales in the USA to continue. I really like my car but I wouldn't recommend or repeat my patronage with them given the service VW provides.

Come on VW step up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I'm in the US and have a 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium with the discover Media system.

My Navigation map data is outdated and I want to update it.

It looks like on the volkswagen website there are updates available for just about any market except North America. Volkswagen Map & Softwareupdates

the HERE updates only work for the pre-MIB 2 cars (the first generation Tiguan).

I popped my SD card into my computer and it looks like the maps data is from 2016.

Does anybody know where to get current North America map data for my navigation system?

Many Thanks!
Hello,
Have you found a way to update your SD card? Just like you I bought a car expecting to use the navigation system and now I was not able to find how to update it. TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 Golf Alltrack SEL and am having the same issues! I've gone round and round with VW, checked all over the internet and VW sites but alas, no update!

Why did I purchase the SEL package? I wanted NAVIGATION! Because the maps in the system are so outdated many streets in my area that have been around for four years still don't exist in the navigation options!

With an SD card, connection (Carplay) to the internet, a USB plug-in, several calls to VW parts, and quarterly dealership visits, WHY CAN'T I GET AN UPDATE SOMEHOW??????

VW needs to better support customers if they want sales in the USA to continue. I really like my car but I wouldn't recommend or repeat my patronage with them given the service VW provides.

Come on VW step up!
Hello,
Have you found a way to update your SD card? I bought a Tiguan SEL and I was expecting to use the navigation system and I was not able to find how to update it. TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts