VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m on the search for clear turn signals for my 1987 Jetta Coupe with small USA stock bumpers. The OEM part number for the amber signals is 176953041. My ideal part would be the exact turn signal with an clear lens, but I’ve come to find out that this part does not commercially exists. I’ve tried the clear signal manufactured in Mexico, but they do not fit.
I am to the point where I am willing to pay top dollar for a custom set if anyone makes these. Please let me know.
Thanks!
LA

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yeah i'll second that one. ebay usually always has clear or smoked signals. well atleast everytime i'm on ebay they. good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advise. I’m actually on eBay everyday searching, but I haven’t had any luck on finding signals that will fit my bumper.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
did you try futrell autowerks. I think they sell almost every type of clear lens.Good luck with your search i smoked mine with testors transparent model paint.I almost forgot. If you are interested i've got a pair of jetta clear tail lights for sale. Not altezza. They are a little rough and not hella quality but they look alright. I want 60+shipping. That's what i paid for them. But i did mine all red so i never used them .

[ May 04, 2003: Message edited by: 89jettawolfs ]

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
quick question. what would you call teh reflecter thingy on the front fenders. if you look at the top of the page, DB had his shaved off and in my sig you can see i got them. how would i go about getting some clear ones and what are they exactly called? thanks guys and ladies.

·
Registered
140 Posts
There called side marker lights for a Jetta/Golf 2. AMI Motorsports has the clear side markers for $50

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Everybody,
Thanks for all of the advice and leads. I wanted you let you all know, I FOUND MY CLEAR TURN SIGNALS! I’m so relieved that after 5 months of searching I was able to get a pair. I found a cat that had a custom pair he picked up but never used.
All I can say is they look “Hella Sweet”! (It’s a West Coast thing)
Check the picture.
Peace!

[ May 12, 2003: Message edited by: la ]

[ May 12, 2003: Message edited by: la ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts