VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 wolfsburg worth 17,900 for 15,300
Its great to be apart of the VDub culture now. Now, I wanna mod some stuff but the thing is I dont want to void the warranty I paid for from carmax. So... what angle do you think I should do first? Appreciate it.

P.S. Can this website host pictures or do they have to be linked?

·
Registered
60 Posts
You gotta tell us what motor you have and if you'd rather gain performance, style, looks, handling, yada yada...and welcome to VWF...

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
WILLKOMMEN ZU VWF!!!!

i would say that as far as what you do to your car on the outside all depends on what you like and what you think is great...no one can tell you what you must have. as far as engine tuning, woah man theres potential

i'd go to the hom page of VWF and look under the 'uning and parts' pull-down menu.

anyway, best of luck with your w-burg and feel welcome!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What power things can I do that wont void the warranty though? I'm thinking about putting the Vdub kit on it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah... It's a 1.8T

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well there's alot of things you can do for performance. Here's what i've done to my '01 Wolfsburg.

Thermal Cat Back
Turbo XS D/V
Freedom Design CAI
Split Second Boost Control
Neuspeed Upper Strut

I plan on getting the APR chip put in during H2O show in Sept. If your concerned about your warrenty, APR has a stock program that you can switch to when you bring your car in for service. I've used this when i had my GTI and not once did they find out it was chipped. Some of the typical things you might want to do first is get a new D/V such as a Forge, Stratshphere (sp) to name a few. then get a better exhaust system. Maybe a new Down pipe for your turbo. Then get the chip or a boost control system but the boost control system won't give you as much gain as a chip. hope this gives you some ideas of what you can do and narrow down on exactly what you want to do.
And about the picture hosting, It has to be linked. If you look at the main page, you'll see one of the guys here will host our pictures for free.
jon

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well do you think if I did a CAI would it void my warranty or should I just go with a lame-o K&N Filter... I think I could slide with exhasut work. What do you all think? Is there like a set CAI, downpipe, and exhaust that are pretty much acclaimed for my model?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by enkymion:
Well do you think if I did a CAI would it void my warranty or should I just go with a lame-o K&N Filter... I think I could slide with exhasut work. What do you all think? Is there like a set CAI, downpipe, and exhaust that are pretty much acclaimed for my model?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually there aren't too many CAIs that show a dramatic increase in hp over a K and N drop in. The air boxes on cars in the past few years have become very unrestricted and very well designed. A ram air intake would probably help more than the CAI but, if you're in it for the sound also, you'll probably get the CAI.

I know until recently AutoTech didnt even offer a CAI. That might just be because they didn't have an in house one though

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well what about exhaust? Is there a particular model that works really well with my car?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts