VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how the hell can this be!?!?i don't have CIS-E,just CIS,but have a knock box,with a vaccum hose line in,and all that!how can this be,if i don't have a knock sensor!?or the vaccum plug in the dist!?what the hell!?
i have this that is on the picture underlined...this was from the bentley CD

G

·
0 Posts
well i believe if u have the same set up as me u have the plunger in the air box for the air fuel mixture...there is no noc sensor only a o2 sensor they do noc's by adjusting the air fuel mituce u look down the center of the plunger i believe theres a screw u can adjust on that

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
If your certain your car has no knock sensor (and I don't think it does), then that box controls the electronic ignition.

The ignition advance curve is built into it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a CIS,same as CIS-E,but without the o2 sensor,knock sensor...and i didn't knew,that i had a knock box,even without the knock sensor!
so,like the pic says,(only for CIS-E),should i remove the vaccum hose!?
forthy,get in on this one please

i sended you a IM,but you didn't reply

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HidRo:
and another thing.if i remove the vaccum hose,it will make the timing change during acc??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will make the timing change according to RPM, and it will give you a bunch of timing down low. It will probably make the car knock worse.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
knock worse!?really!?!?!?why is that!?if i get it to 6º by the dot,and not the notch,wont it be ok??

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
setting it to 6-8 degrees on the dot should help. Leave the vacuum hose connected at is tells the control box what the load is on the engine.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the dot is really hard to find
the notch,is much easier!! lol
but i got the dot at 8 degrees.finally!!!lol
but the car seems to be a drunk car!!it sucks the gas out of me!!!damn!!!i think i'm doing 12l or 13l!!damn!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts