VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went out to put my ice scraper back in my car and it turned into a 10 min project tring to get the latch to unstick. it is now stuck open so i just had to reach in through the back and lock it so it stays shut for the night. Anyone else having any problems tonight with all the ice?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AWSALK3:
I just went out to put my ice scraper back in my car and it turned into a 10 min project tring to get the latch to unstick. it is now stuck open so i just had to reach in through the back and lock it so it stays shut for the night. Anyone else having any problems tonight with all the ice?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope I haven't with the a4 handles lol, Derek was frozen out of his car a few days already and last year with my moms Seabring I went to open the passenger door and the handle snapped off, I flew backwards and went face first into 2 feet of snow, driver side did the same with a week later. I hate winter!

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've never had prolems with any door handles, though this is my first winter with my MK2 door-handled Jetta. Should I expect any problems with them?

·
Registered
158 Posts
i used to have a mk 2, and i can remember one time pulling my door handles rit e off. i used to crawl threw the windows to get in

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TruBluJettaMK2:
I've never had prolems with any door handles, though this is my first winter with my MK2 door-handled Jetta. Should I expect any problems with them?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are notorious for breaking man. Mine just keep getting stuck with this cold weather...the opening mechanism for my hatch got stuck a couple of weeks ago...that was fun too.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
mine stick all the time. My dad is getting me the chineese door handles the guy was selling on hereand on vortex. I talked to some people with them and they like em. I hate parts of winter too but i look forward to it because of hockey season.

·
Registered
499 Posts
A2 handles are a pain in the butt! Just try to keep them lubed up and think happy thoughts when you are digging the frozen trigger out of the handle with your keys!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
yeah I remember seeing those handles (the ones vwcabbyboy is selling) I think on the vortex before. I would def get those if I had a mk2. they look like mk3 handles, but are not. they look much more sturdy than mk2 handles. hope all goes well Jason, and all who have broken handles.

oh and keith. keep a look out for an email from Jason for roller hockey info. He should be contacting you soon. I think we will have a slot for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts