VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some advice on how should I start to modify my car. any help?

·
Registered
526 Posts
first make sure the engine is in tip top shape. then go with exhaust and intake and maybe cams. if its in your budget go with a 16v turbo and run either digi 1 or stand alone. if you do turbo i would run an aba bottom end with a 1.8 16v head and make sure the head is ported good. that should put your compression ratio around 7.5 or 8 :1, which is great for turbo. you can also go with a 16v g60 but you could be looking at some problems with that

[ July 21, 2003: Message edited by: vlksgnspeed ]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 16V. The engine is in pretty good shape. I just change the muffler and glass pipe. The cataylic converter needs to be change and I think the downpipe needs to be also. I guess I gotta a lot of work ahead of me...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
the first mods iwould do are intake and exhaust, then wheels and suspension. If you get the stance right it'll look hot. Then dive into the motor or do the little things it needs fixed. Ya know what i mean. Let us know how it goes. Later

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice. My budget is not that great(i'm kinda poor). But, I just got back from waterfest in NJ and I saw some beautiful v-dubs & audis', so I gotta join the family. You guys look out for me because I will hit you guys up for more advice down the line. And I'll give updates on my jetta.
How does one post a pic?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts