VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I am new to this forum as you can tell. I am looking for a new car and I have my eye on a 1998 VW Jetta Wolfsburg with auto transmission, 58,000 miles. It seems to be in good shape but I was just wondering what should I look for? are there any common problems that I should pay special attention to? All comments would be greatly appreciated. Id like all the info i can get. Thanks!

[ April 26, 2003: Message edited by: nolan ]

·
Registered
12 Posts
are you buying MY car??? you just described it milage and all
Ive heard about problems with the gauges... I had one myself but it was a one time occurance and i got lucky and didnt need to replace them (they went to zero when driving... scary thing to happen when you're @ redline =\ anywho, other than that one thing i havent had any problems at all with it, although i wish it was a manual

·
Registered
175 Posts
look for leaking around the valve cover gasket and oil pan gasket. also just the basic listening for any suspension bumb, grind, or thud noises. also make sure the auto tranny shifts smoothly. other than that Good luck! and enjoy being a driver.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by c0dy:
forgot to ask, how much are you paying??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

already bought it, $7,800. Leather seats, power everything, tinted windows. Think I got a good deal?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts