VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let me start from the beginning....i own a 2004 gti 1.8t, my breather hose busted in December and made a huge gap in power and boost leak, i tried fixing it my self but i realized that i need to replace the bottom hose which goes into the engine... i don't know much about engines and don't have the proper tools so i took it to a mechanic which he replaced the hose and cleared the codes and charged me around 600 for everything.......well the car was back to normal everything was working fine until a week later..my engine light came on, than same problems came back...huge power leak, my car will roar like if i had the gas pedal all the way down even tho i didn't, after i switch gears the car will take a while to get power even if i had the gas pedal all the way down, car will start super slow and work his way up....anyways.....i took it back to the mechanic see if he could see if he missed something well the hoses seemed fine he said and the code was different from the one before so if i wanted it fixed ill probably spend another 500 so i stopped there before i do anything else, maybe its something i can fix...but i will like to know the problem before taking it to a mechanic. my current code is p0420... i don't know if this will help but a month before all this happened i had a custom turboback exhaust installed, it didn't gave any problems at all no codes or anything and the guy did installed the sensors in the exhaust system he said it should be fine. i wanted to mention that because that code relates something about emission... any help?

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
First things first, get some tools, and stop getting butt raped by that mechanic. the p0420 code is from the exhaust you put in, but i doubt it would cause that severe of a problem. do you have a scanner tool? get an obdII cord from ebay and download vagcom light so you can scan your own codes. ill let others chime in for the rest of the diagnosis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts