VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully this is not already posted if so show me im lost

I need new headlight assembly but I want them to look real nice but I cant find any single bulb asseblys other than stock can I easily switch them to double bulb please help me need them bad cant drive the car

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Double bulb headlights need a harness adapter. And most headlights that aren't stock require modifications because they are euro spec.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I replaced mine due to the drivers side having a crack that caused d-lamination of the reflective surface and fogging of the glass. I put in a set of new euro replacement lights (halos) and they work great. Plus, the set was cheaper than one replacement oem style unit. There was a bit of modification, but nothing that anyone can't easily do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats what I think im gonna do I just cant find the wiring harness for them did you find one and were or is it hard to make your own

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thats what I think im gonna do I just cant find the wiring harness for them did you find one and were or is it hard to make your own
I simply cut the plugs off the car side wiring and soldered in the new wiring and heat shrunk the connections; it took about ten minutes on the wiring. The attachment points are slightly different, but it worked out with the aid of an on-line youtube video someone told me about....can't recall the link on my computer, but actually, when you get the old headlamp out and hold up the replacement, it' kinda obvious. Check out the connections on my light shown and how it's a bit different from the stock support points.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts