VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 85 Jetta, 8v motor, I want to know how to make it as quick as I can and I want to know a little more about this beast like fuel injection or what not.

Thank You Kind Sirs

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i would recommend simple things like intake, exhaust, header, K&N cone. to make the car look better, some lowering springs, like a good inch or so. not to much though. hope i helped. i am not an engine guy so yeah. hope it goes good thouh!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd say the cheapest way to improve power is new plugs, wires, cold air intake and if you've still got money left, exhaust from front to back.

·
Registered
349 Posts
hey man i had an 8v and i tried to make it quick but i just gave up and got an 8v but here's some of what i learned. if it cis do a eurosport intake box, a good exhaust (like techtonics), and plug wires. this will give you a good start. then if you want to get into the internals of the engine, do a performance cam (like a 268° or 272° if you want a little more) and do a techtonics downpipe and that will help out a lot. as far as drivetrain goes for speed, get an upgraded clutch and do a lightened flywheel. also if you find a mk2 jetta ecodiesel (it was the mk2 turbo diesel), try to get the transmission. if you bolt that transmission up to a gas engine, top speed is about 140 and the ratios are awesome. and if you want to go all out, get the turbo and manifold off the ecodiesel because it is an 8v head. so you'll have to do some fabrication to get the turbo but you can easily run 6-7 lbs of boost
with a copper head gasket and that's fun hope i helped out a little bit and my email is [email protected] if you need anything else let me know. if i dont know it ill find out for you. later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts