VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so here's the deal...I'm in advertising major at The University of Texas and I'm doing a class project on a local VW dealership here in Austin. I though it would be cool to have random VW owner/driver quotes throughout the project to show I that understand the customer, etc.

So, if you drive or own a VW, please do the following for me and I'll owe you enternally.

1. First name only
2. Year of VW
3. Model of VW
4. Please tell me in a sentence or two why you drive a Volkswagen (like what made you pick that car/make or what about driving a VW appealed to you, etc)

Thanks all, I really appreciate it.

-Kathy

·
Registered
777 Posts
marcus
1999.5 (mk 4) jetta VR6

its a european car, if you've ever driven one than that should be all that needs to be said.... also its DEAD sexy!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Michelle
Golf GLS

They are reliable cars. Their style is very appealing, I love the way they look! And ditto to what Marcus said.

[ February 15, 2004: Message edited by: GolfGirl03 ]

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ryan
Jetta GLX

Plain and simple, VW's are pound for pound the best cars on the market in my opinion, and a good additive is the fact that a lot of VW owners share a passion for their cars that you don't see with other automobile owners.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Alex
GTI 1.8T

"Drive one and you'll understand why I drive a VW."

[ February 15, 2004: Message edited by: 109 LUVR ]

·
Registered
112 Posts
Darrel
1991 GTI
"the only car I've ever felt was built for the drive from place to place, not just to get you from place to place."

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Brett
2000 GTI GLX
"Once you first drive one, it's hard not to fall immediately in love. In addition to the great engineering, you'll be hard-pressed to find another car with as tight of a community of enthusiasts, also."

(That last part was for all of you )

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Anthony
GTI 1.8T

"before this car i used to drive my sisters civic or cavalier. soon after i got the dub and all i can say is that the attention to detail, the level of class and engineering is nothing compared to any other car i drove. similar to what was mentioned above it is pound for pound the best car in it's class of sports cars."

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Raf
Jetta

"Faulty window regulators, malfunctioning coil packs, premature brake wear, consistant check engine lights and expensive replacement parts; Press the big pedal and find out why none of that matters."

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Raf
Jetta

"Faulty window regulators, malfunctioning coil packs, premature brake wear, consistant check engine lights and expensive replacement parts; Press the big pedal and find out why none of that matters."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

rofl!!! oh man that's great.

edit: I was waiting for you to chime in Raf hehe.

[ February 15, 2004: Message edited by: Tommunist ]

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Aaron
Rabbit
I wanted an '80s econo-shitbox that I could toy around with as a daily driver to keep my 400hp Nova off the road. 3 years and 16 VWs later (VW #2 is still my baby) my Nova sits in the garage, undriven in over 2 years, with a trunk full of VW parts because I'm out of room as the receipt pile for my Rabbit starts to surpass the Nova... along with the horsepower numbers.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Adam
York Pa
I chose to drive a VW because i wanted a sporty car that i could afford and i also chose this because i wanted something that would kick a hondas ass
haha
adam

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Josh
GTI 1.8T

I looked at all cars available in the 17-22K dollar range, and with the options and fit and finish of the volkswagen, I would have had to move up to the high 20's entry luxury level to match. I looked at Subaru, Honda, Toyota and Nissan before I looked at the VW's, and the VW drove better, had better quality of materials, and had more standard features than you could get in most others, even with all the options.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nicki
Golf TDI
"It was the true meaning of love at first site, no matter what model or year, I love them all. Their styling, their handling, their power, all make me smile when I start my car every morning."

·
Registered
745 Posts
Shawn
Gti 1.8t

These are one of the few cars that meet luxury and sport dead center in the middle. I can still eat most cars out there when i want to but i can also lay back and still pimp the luxury out of it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Dave
20th AE GTI

I test drove many cars in the same price range and VWs attention to detail, comfort, and sport feel captured my heart. The 18" Aristos and 12" brakes helped out too!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts