VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I currently own a 2000 Golf GTI VR6 that I have had since 2005. Haven't done much with the car except keep up on the maintenance. I would like to do some performance modifications to the car but don't know where to start. I would say money is the biggest thing as I don't have much of it but I want to do everything right the first time so I need some advice on what to get and where to get it :). Any advice is welcome and hello to all my fellow VW owners out there.

-Caleb

·
Registered
2 Posts
VR6 mods

I would start with a cold air intake and maybe a intercooler and ecu upgrade that should increase your horsepower a bit. The ecu upgrade being the most expensive of the 3.

·
Registered
781 Posts
If you want to chip your car... which you should. Go to unitronic.com from what I have been told they have some of the better ones for the Vr6 engine. Ecstuning.com also has some nice stuff if you just want to browse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you want to chip your car... which you should. Go to unitronic.com from what I have been told they have some of the better ones for the Vr6 engine. Ecstuning.com also has some nice stuff if you just want to browse.
Hey, thanks for the Website Unitronic Chipped - Chip Tuning / performance Software it looks like a solid place where I can buy performance software. Need to save up for it but eventually I will get it. Keep the ideas coming. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would start with a cold air intake and maybe a intercooler and ecu upgrade that should increase your horsepower a bit. The ecu upgrade being the most expensive of the 3.
Thanks for the response. Any suggestions on what to buy and where to buy it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts