VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car this morning, and already i have used one of the little bars for the fuel gauge (it was full when i got it). I have only gone 19 miles. It is a 2004 1.8T jetta. Thanks if you have any info or if you tell me this is normal... I hope nothing is wrong with it. It has a few other quirks also, such as the trunk not closing sometimes, you have to hit the trunk release again to get it to close. The interior lights stay on even when i close the doors i have to hit the lock button on the key to get them to turn off.

Lets see if there is anything else...

Oh one more thing, do you think that it would be that hard for them to fix a vent not closing all the way? It closes but is really hard to get it there and it doesnt stay closed.

I think that is it. Thanks a bunch!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OmegaHack:
I just got my car this morning, and already i have used one of the little bars for the fuel gauge (it was full when i got it). I have only gone 19 miles. It is a 2004 1.8T jetta. Thanks if you have any info or if you tell me this is normal... I hope nothing is wrong with it. It has a few other quirks also, such as the trunk not closing sometimes, you have to hit the trunk release again to get it to close. The interior lights stay on even when i close the doors i have to hit the lock button on the key to get them to turn off.

Lets see if there is anything else...

Oh one more thing, do you think that it would be that hard for them to fix a vent not closing all the way? It closes but is really hard to get it there and it doesnt stay closed.

I think that is it. Thanks a bunch!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Maybe the tank wasnt completely full
2. Those are courtesy lights. They turn off in a few seconds anyway.
3. Take it back to dealer for other stuff

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I think they just didn't top it off and they might have reset the trip before they gave it to you. Not sure about the trunk. I know on mine i need to shut it nice and hard to close all the way. For the light make sure it's set to just come on when you close and lock the door. or even try to turn it to stay off the whole time and see if it stays on. Also they should be able to replace the vent too.
HTH
Jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
DOn't hesitate to go back to dealer and NAG you might get something free out of this. Besides the vent should close perfectly so go back, mine does.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i think i am going to go back but i wont be able to until next week, i have to work now for the rest of the week

·
Registered
777 Posts
my car burns atleast 2 gallons before it comes off full... it probably wasnt topped off, id actually work with the trunk it might fix itsself once you start using it.... i dunno good luck...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, well i tryed the vent agian today and it worked!! Thats weird. This car is so cool, its self-fixing.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yeah... as mentioned the light thing is normal and the gas thing, it gets weird sometimes. when i fill up and drive alot the needle barely moves, then the next time i turn the car on it goes down an 1/8 of a tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts