VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On sunday morning at 7 in the morning my jetta sall its last spark, i hadnt slept for 2 days and i was on my way home, so i decided to stop at McDicks for some breafast and aparently they dont open at 6:30 on sundays. So i was goin to goto the one by the mall and I was driving down the pike and i fell asleep 2 lights down the road and i got about 2 feet of my passenger head on into the 581 overpass, they said i was goin about 40. I jumped out the window cuz my door was wedged and waved someone down and went to th hospital, i shoulda been dead when i went back to see it, here are some pics.(if anyone knows where i can get a junker car like 80ish for under 1000 thats manual let me know) http://community.webshots.com/album/95959439ePvTkL

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
Holy crap dude! Glad to see your alright, sucks about the car, but you can always get another.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

holy shit, that's some damage.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
dude. that sucks. Im glad you are ok (well, sortof). glad you didnt have a passenger in the car. I will let you know if I see a junker for you. I totalled my truck in Bomansdale coming home from school over 2 years ago. totalled my truck - hit a phone pole-broke it in 2 places.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
db could you post some of those pics in this topic, pref the ones of my car, we dont need to see me. when I try to get pics up they never work, thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I fell asleep at the wheel once. Missed a telephone pole by about 6inches, woke up to see a 3' high stone row. My first reaction was to punch it, so I did. blew out two tires instantly sent both rear struts up through the rear deck, bent a tie rod, lost my exhaust, and my passenger tore his door handle off on his way to meet my ceiling. landed alongside a railroad track and gimped my way about a mile to a road crossing. Could have been alot worse. Measured from take off point on the top of the stone row to the landing zone on the railroad bed and came up with about 35 feet! Not too bad if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i forgot to mention, i woke up to my airbad smacking me in the face, a guesse the bang woke me up and i opened my eyes about half way and saww the bag coming out in slow motion and the gunpowder shit they use to deploy them went in my nose, that thng really fucked up my face. but it did keep me in the car, the passenger seat ripped off the bolts and came out and hit the windsheald even with the airbag infront of it.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
damn... glad to hear u weren't injured more severely... im sure u can find a mk2 golf or jetta around for the price range u have in mind.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
That sucks a lot man, sorry to hear about that. I'm really glad you're alright.

·
Registered
759 Posts
well that looks a little different then when i saw it last...glad you are ok man...there is a 88-90 im not sure of the year golf by me...its 5 speed with 149,000 on it...$995. its not in too bad of shape...the interior is pretty mint.

[ October 23, 2003: Message edited by: AWSALK3 ]

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Sorry about the car. Gald to hear you're not in the ground. Remember to pick up some no-dose next time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sorry about the car dude...
glad you are gonna make it though...
will keep my eyes and ears open for any dubs for you...
cheers
dave

1 - 20 of 26 Posts