VW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new Id4 totally died 20 minutes off the dealer lot. Took off my seat belt when I pulled into my driveway. Car refused to restart. And locked itself up. Refused any key access etc. Flat bed tow back to dealer. Just lucky no kids or dog in the car. Tow guy said it’s a good thing it’s rear wheel drive too. Otherwise it would not
roll up the flat bed. Also said it’s a good thing I had a tow connection . Otherwise no place to hook up a hitch. Not sure what to make of this. But I’m pretty distressed.

· Registered
1 Posts
Wondering what the outcome was….we’re they able to repair it? I recently bought an Id4 Pro and within a couple days I started having problems with a pixelated infotainment system and weird upside down language on it. Then a couple days later I got an alert saying my electrical system was not working correctly. Please service. At that point I stopped driving. Parked the car and had it towed to the dealership. Less than 10 days ownership at that point. It’s been in service for a week and not sure when it will be fixed but I am so worried about a fire hazard and the safety of my family. I really want to just get another car. 🥲

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can understand your concern. my car has been replaced. it was a lemon. i think VW will do right by you if the car is really more damaged than simple tech/bugs Etc. even after all the drama with the car. i am happy with the customer experience and appreciate the effort VW has made to make it right. I actually still love the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts