VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im stumped...i have an 85 jetta and some money but not to much i just got the big bumper upgrade and hopefully soon round headlights...does anyone know of any cheaper upgrades to do to my motor (1.8 8v stock) or how much does a new motor cost like a 2.0 16v or a vr6 cost? or anything i could do to my current motor. thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
What kind of mileage do you have on your motor?If there is low mileage I would do some simple things.Like intake and exhaust to start.If you decide to put in 2.0 or 2.0 16v you wil have to also install the wiring harness too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my motor has relaly high milage like 200,000 or something the odmeter is busted so i ma hopeing if it dies i eathier get a new motor or get a new car what do you think?

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
i wouldn't dump a bunch of money into a vr6 swap because from the sounds of it the car isn't in good enough shape to handle the power. It's a good idea to fix all the little things and get the car in as good of condition as possible. If you have deep pockets then do the swap and jusy upgrade suspension and brakes and all the stuff like that or else you're gonna have a vr6 a2 that handles horrible and doesn't stop too good. Ya know what i mean. Same with a 2L 16v. just upgrade everything possible when doing the swap. I'm sure alot of the car is tired. But those things make it worht the while in the end when you take a tired car and make it sweet. goood luck and later

1 - 6 of 6 Posts