VW Forum banner

1481 - 1500 of 1505 Posts

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
Its got all the bells and whistles. Its almost impossible to use in a race without using traction control. Wish I had a capture card to record races. Been building drift cars lately. Now that I know more about suspension geometry its fun to tweak the camber and dampening setting. Plus I have a bad habit of throwing coilovers on and bottoming them out.

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
So I haven't been on here lately due to the dealership life. I work pretty much 8-8 sometimes later 6 days a week and when I am not working at the dealership I am working on my NSRT4.

I am not going to lie I am still a VW fanatic, which is why I sell them but the whole VAG scene seems like it is going to shit lately.

It seems like there are no true enthusiasts out there anymore in the VW scene. It seems like the VAG scene is filled with 16 year old kids who have no idea what they are doing the just want to be lower than the other person. When I first entered the VW (overall car community) it seemed like every one was chill and just excited to hang out and see what was going on. The VW scene used to be like that (other than on Vortex).

It didn't matter what you really did to your car whether you had a nsrt4, a mustang, a 240sx or a jetta people still got along. People still were true enthusiasts and giving respect when respect was due.

The past few months have been an eye opener of what he community has become.

Here is example one….

A kid in my dealership comes in with his dad trying to sell his MK5 GTI on air ride. The car is a nice car I am not going to lie and I began chatting with the kid. He is 17 and has a brand new STI that was on work emotions and slammed on its nuts. On top of that he bought a MK5 GTI on air ride to daily (didn't make sense to me esp living in the snow belt) So I chatted with him more and he asked what I drive. I told him my fun car is a SRT4 but other than that I just take what ever car home I choose. He looked at me and said "aren't those slow?" I giggle a little bit and stated no slower than any other factory boosted car. He then looked at me in confusion and said " Dodge never turboed the SRT4s"?"

It hit me right there that you can have the nicest car and be in a community but when it comes down to it be a retard. After that he then went on to making fun of me etc. He than told me he wanted 23k for his MK5 GTI on Airride, with bbs rs, a half assed frame notch, 70-80k half finished suede interior. It was so half assed that the left window would not go down, the sunroof would open, etc.

Example two…. I saw another kid on a local forum once again 16 he has a mk4 golf on air ride which looked very nice. I gave this kid major kudos for doing his own body work. He then replied to me with thanks even though you know shit about vws. I shrugged it off and figured this kid was just trying to be cool I look at the post and people I have known for years started posting hate on this kid. So I defended him and I don't know how it go on topic but the kid asked me what a corrado was! I was thinking are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Example three. I was at the pump a few months back getting my car filled up for the track (only station that had cam 2) when this group of kids pulls in with a rusted ass green MK3 with rusty steelies. The car was slammed to the ground probably using race lands (no offense to anyone that uses them i had a couple sets of them no problems). He had nothing else done to his car. They then start laughing and pointing at me. So I asked them what the problem was and this kid barely old enough to drive says "You need to get a real car".

I am done venting. My conclusion… This shit sucks.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I've thought about leaving the VW scene so many times because of this shit. I'm pretty much done with any VW shows. I have a few locals that are pretty cool still, but the rest of the scene is horrible.

If I leave, I'm going to trucks, mainly Tacomas. I've been lurking tacomaworld for a while now and they seem to be true enthusiasts still.

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
I love the brand and not the community I thought many times about buying an R or a new GTI but what I mentioned keeps me from doing so not to mention I am saving up for a house and finishing up school.

I am so sick and tired of so called " enthusiasts". SRT4 community is chill, mustang community chill, I have friends with e46s that are big in the bimmer community and even they don't have as much drama as the current VAG scene.

Any more it seems like the kids in high school that got picked on are the biggest assholes in the scene.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
1481 - 1500 of 1505 Posts