VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2002 VW golf gti 1.8t. I have lost all lights, radio, a/c, windshield wipers. And now the car will not crank. I have changed the ignition switch. The connector to the ignition switch and I have also replaced the main relay. And now the car will not stay turned on. It will turn over as long as I press the clutch and turn the ignition. But it will not stayed turn on. The only way it will stay on is if I crank the car. Hold the key to the on position and let go of clutch. Please help and thank you to anybody that can help me with my problem

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am kind of having the same issue. Mine will run and drive but I have no controls. No thermostat, no turn signals or windshield wipers indent have a radio in the car right now but dont think that worked a few weeks ago when I took out the original ignition switch. Put ignition switch number 2 in and everything worked for a week or 2. The other day I lost those controls again and put ignition switch 3 in and got nothing.
Might want to check the blade inside the lock cylinder housing to make sure that isnt broken. Mine was in and didnt look broken but was only held in there by grease.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts