VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everone.
i just bought my first VW the other day so i figured this would be a fun place to hang out...plus ive been known to traverse DBs circle of nerd friends hahaha.
anyway i got a 98 Jetta VR6-GLX - 5 speed baby. ill take some pics to post tomorrow. its all stock except for the head unit i thew in there.

·
Registered
777 Posts
welcome!

what h/u did you choose??

[ August 05, 2003: Message edited by: Midnight VR6 ]

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went kinda cheap on the h/u
im tryin to pay the car off ASAP before i start droppin money into it (big plans bora
). i got the kenwood KDC-MP522. it actually complements the stock bose system quite nicely. its enough for me for the time being.

·
Registered
777 Posts
nice! looks like you tried to keep the color theme going too.... 50w x 4 is really good ive heard several people on here say how good the factory setup is with a different h/u!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Yeah, the factory speakers sound great with an aftermarket head unit that gives them he power they deserve.

Let us know how you like her and maybe clue us in on those big plans.

·
Registered
161 Posts
welcome to the forum......good choice. i originally was looking for a 97-98 glx black on black but ended up with a lighter weighted 95 gti vr6 black on black. got any mod plans???

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
WELCOME TO VWF! Nice choice with the Kenwood, I love mine. Not too happy with my Kenwood amp, but the HU I love.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry im so damn slow
life is begining to get a little crazy....

for some reason my camera makes all the dirt on everything stand out. the floor doesnt look nearly that bad - and i ordered vinyl mats anyway.

mod plans? id like to fix all the little cosmetic stuff first. btw - wheres the best place to get little stuff? like one of the VW logos in my rims is missing. the front ash tray is missing, and the cover of the back cup holder is missing. is the junk yard the best place to look?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts