VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I make intakes jsut like ABD intakes (3 inch mandrel bent steel, then powdercoated), but you can get mine in any color and they are less moeny, and look better.. if yuour interested i will need a picture of your engine bay just to be sure which intake.

[email protected]

Josh

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by m of team s and s:
Nice i could use one when I put my rabbit back together.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should do 3" flexible tubing directly to the airbox. Just so i can see how well it works.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Don't bother paying loads of money for an intake tube for an A1. Go to JCwhitney.com, buy a 3" steel mandrel U bend. You can make 2 intake tubes out of it for $20. All you need is a die grinder to cut it.

Audi 4000 intake manifold and Audi 5000 throttle body, K&N panel filter and a drilled air box... that's about as good as it gets.

I have a Weber Big Bore throttle body with the Redline adaptor plate I'm selling for $80.

·
Registered
14 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
Don't bother paying loads of money for an intake tube for an A1. Go to JCwhitney.com, buy a 3" steel mandrel U bend. You can make 2 intake tubes out of it for $20. All you need is a die grinder to cut it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree! Or you could jsut buy one from me for 55 shipped, powdercoated any color you want.

If you buy a mandrel bend from JC its 20 dollars plus 5-7 shipping, plus you have to cutt it correctly. If you have an Abrasive Cut-Off Saw or Band saw its not a problem, i would not recomend doing it with a die-grinder unless your real good with it. Then you have to de-burr, you'll need some atachments for your die-grinder or a dremel. Either should do the job. Now get it powdercoated, that costs about 20-30 dollars depending where you go. If you dont powdercoat it, you could spray can it for 7 bucks. But spray paint will scratch real easy. If your intake scratches it will rust. Powdercoat is rock hard and tough as nails, very resistant to scratching, and wont peal or crack.

Or you could just get one from me for 55 shipped.

Josh

1 - 10 of 10 Posts