VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was sitting at a light in my coupe, and she stalled. i rolled her down the street to home and she wouldnt start back up. fuel was low, so i thought maybe that was it, i added fuel and still no go. i checked fuel and spark, i have both. when i go to start it up, on the first attempt it seems as if it's going to start, but after the first attempt, it hardly turns. i finally saw that my cold start valve was snapped into 2 pieces on the mounting part causing an air leak on the intake. is this leak what's causing it to not start? it's in the mid 70's here still so the car should start without that valve, but with the leak of air, thats a different story. any help is GREATLY appreciated as the car has been sitting for almost 3 weeks now!!! TIA

-austin

·
Registered
526 Posts
that could definitely be it...i would get that fixed and then try..if not read around and im sure some people on here know a little more than i know about the 16v by the way what part of ephrata do you live in my dad lives in Eastbrook

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Any vacuum leak bigger than about a 3/16" hole will make CIS not run. Fix the leak and try it again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the problem was that my front motor mount went bad. it went bad after only one week of use. i got charged 170 for it without labor and now its busted. it caused my motor to shift forward slamming the cold start valve into my radiator, breaking the mounting piece on the CSV. and now my radiator fan doesnt spin. also my oil pan is about an inch from the ground now.

bad day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts