VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my MK3 for nine years with really no major issues. I ruined my own engine but loved the car so much I got a rebuilt and warrantied engine with less miles in 2012. I've since brought the car out of state to NC where the weather has created a whirlwind of problems. I've had three tows since being here after years of nothing - not even a flat tire. I'm used to finding reputable mechanics in my area in Orlando for basics like oil changes, spark plugs but here it is slim pickings. I had one shop complete one repair, overcharge me and then I consulted them for a second became family prefers them only for them to ask me how to fix my own car! I then sought a VW specific shop and was surprised to see many without a single VW in repair. The one I chose did fix the car, overcharged me as well but not even three weeks later I had to be towed again. That shop was nearly an hour away and they were completely inconsiderate to my questions leading up to this last tow. Basically they could have noted the issue and repaired it then so now I'm looking at going back to pay double labor. The last thing I want is to go to a dealership which is also at a distance. I'm looking for a reliable and trusted VW enthusiast to repair my car at my home or at there home based garage. I know exactly what the issue is and I just need it repaired so I can bring the car back home. I'm also willing to do some preventative stuff. Of course I will be paying and getting parts - I'll feed you too! :) I just need someone equipped with the know how and tools. The only reason I'm going to these horrible shops is because I'm out of my element. I'd like my car to make it home where there is no ice, snow, elements destroying it.

If anyone knows someone who works independently of a shop/dealer that travels or works from their own home based garage in the Triad - Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem areas in North Carolina - please let me know - I'd like to have repairs done ASAP to drive myself back down by mid September - push come to shove I'll tow it back but I'd much rather leave the way I came!

Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
I would get in touch with Everything Euro in Winston.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts