VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering how high my car will rev if i chip it with say a neuspeed chip. Right now its at about 7. thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dck:
i was just wondering how high my car will rev if i chip it with say a neuspeed chip. Right now its at about 7. thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not positive but I believe it will remove the rev limiter. Go APR Direct Port and it will definitely be removed. That is one of the best things about the upgrade....pulling thru redline!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyaneye:

I'm not positive but I believe it will remove the rev limiter. Go APR Direct Port and it will definitely be removed. That is one of the best things about the upgrade....pulling thru redline!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Couldn't agree more! I have the APR DP and its like night and day. Do some research!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dck:
i was just wondering how high my car will rev if i chip it with say a neuspeed chip. Right now its at about 7. thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess I was wrong about Neuspeed, this is from their site.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Unleash the power hiding in your factory Engine Control Unit (ECU.) NEUSPEED engineers reprogram your ECU chip to increase turbo boost to approx 1.1 bar (15-16 psi), optimize ignition timing under part throttle and full throttle load, and raise the rev-limiter and top speed governor. Horsepower is increased to approximately 195-200hp at the flywheels for 1999-2001 cars. 2002-up cars are increased to approximately 220-223hp. CARB approved (D236-10) when used with a K&N air filter or NEUSPEED P-Flo.
[ August 29, 2003: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
why would you want to go above the rev limiter?? the power just drops off eventually<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

During my time at the track I have experimented quite a bit with shift points. I have found that driving to redline, and shifting at about 7300 rpm's definately turns out the highest trap speeds and if you launch right, the best ET's as well.

[ August 29, 2003: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts