VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright im new to the forum and im gonna go buy 95-99 GTI VR6 but i was woundering what kind of mods i could do to engine wise. My buddy had one and he also he said you could do alot of weight mods to it (something about a suit case) could some1 fill me in? thanX
Brad

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
First things first....Welcome!

Not sure about the "suit case" thing, but there are tons of engine mods for the VR6. Everything from, eproms, cams, air induction, exhaust, head work, and increased displacment; all the way to supercharging, and turbocharging. It really depends on your budget, and what your end goal for the car is going to be. Back to the weight thing, loosing weight on the vehicle is definetly important. If your really intent on dropping a few hundred pounds from the car, rippig out the interior, spare tire, AC assembly, etc... is a good place to start. On the front page of the forum, there is a "tuning & Parts" drop down with some great resources to get you started. Then of course, if there is anything you can't find let us know, and hopefully we can be of some service.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
The VR6 is a very modifiable engine. I'd say start with a Cold Air Intake, exhaust, then you could go to something like a chip, or you could do underdrive pulleys. ALso, you might want to consider suspension. That's a lot of Dubbers first mod. Keep us up to date and we'll chat again when you are ready for more!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts