VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Rev Lag?

Recently, I had the APR K04 kit installed in my MK6 GLI. A week after driving I noticed my RPM's, after rev, would lag at around 3k before dropping to normal idle. Along with this, i wasn't hearing my DV like I use to, or at all, when I only had a CAI installed. I did some research and found out I may have pressure loss somewhere. Thoughts/ course of action?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Not sure what effect flipping over the diverter valve would have. It sounds like you had the kit installed by someone - I would bring it to their attention before too much time passes. You paid them good money to do the job correctly. I'm sure if they're reputable they'll check it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yea not sure why APR instructions stated to point the electronic plug a certain direction, probably to ensure the longer bolt is placed correctly on the KO4...did talk to APR and they confirmed with me that position doesn't matter for DV, users prefrences.

I thought about installing the KO4 myself for about a month, but cons outweighed pros. and it was only 600...

I had a p025 code , cleared it and it hasn't come back. I'm still noticing rev "lag" at around 3k rpms, before idling at ~850. I do not have a high flow cat-back (axle-back), I only have the APR Down Pipe and Mid Pipe, and I have been told it may be back pressure. no clue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally Posted by omgturbo! View Post
"...rev hang is engineered into our tune to assist with emissions. specifically, the higher rpms are taken too, when you lift off the gas pedal you have a slight amount of unburnt fuel in the cylinder, so the computer tells the injectors to squirt just enough fuel to keep the rpm high and then it sends out higher voltage ignition to burn away not only the residual fuel from the pedal lift, but also the fuel meant to keep the rpm high."

Just got this from another forum from a 2010 thread, this maybe it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts