1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Remove the grill and bumper, remove the 4 screws holding in the lights, unplug, install new lights. Reverse the process. If you look in the DIY section I have a radiator DIY. I think I have in there how to remove everything.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
please tell me you didnt buy depo oem replica headlights (non projector).. and installing hids into the "reflector" style housings..
Please..

but to answer your question.. you wire the ballasts in.. and just let them behind the light and tuck them in somewhere.
they dont need a special fancy mounting point.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Click the Link. He got ones with projectors. They are the same lights I was looking at year's ago. But yeah mount the ballast where they will not bounce around. Somewhere near the battery is a good spot. Really depends on how long the harness is.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Pro-Tip: there is a recess in the rad support on each side underneath where the headlight sits once mounted. Its perfect cause its covered from the front, top, and bottom so pretty much blocks it from the elements.

Also the rad support is plastic and easy to fasten to!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, thanks guys haha. Didn't look at this for a day or so. No I got the good ones, they look amazing and will definitely help my vision at night. I just have to adjust the beams so I don't blind everyone and so they actually have a decent pattern. Thanks for the heads up rodger. I zip tied them for now to a couple spots that are keeping them in place, that will only be temporary. The High beams are just a standard bulb though, can I change that to something else?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts