VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to pick up my car last night, and I look at it.... the grill is wrong the fenders come straight out instead of curving with the headlight, and the hood has a gap bigger than a hillbillies front teeth.
I dont know what to do. I left my car there and I'm waiting for the insurance to call me.

Btw: If any one can estimate in canadian dollars what it would cost to just repair what you see in the pictures below properly, I would appreciate it.

http://www.knowledge-networks.ca/car

Thanks Guys and Girls

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
should of got the check from the ins company and used to buy oe parts from the junkyard.... there are bound to be come mk3 jettas with rear-end damage somewhere. you would have saved alot of money and replacing panels with factory panels is pretty easy! even if you had to get them painted you could have sanded them yourself and have macco spray them for like 50 a panel.

·
Registered
29 Posts
when i wrecked my 95 jetta. i had just about the same amount of damage as yours. I replaced the hood,right fender, grill,bumper, headlight and all other little parts needed including the emblem and sidemarkers. and the total was under $500 in american. i dont know what that would be in canada. i did all the work my self. i got most of my parts from a shop out of boston call Certifit. they have tons of aftermarket parts for VW's. a hood was like under a $100, fender $65, grill $20, bumper $120 or so. sorry cant figure out canadian exchange.

justin

·
Registered
20 Posts
About 700 CAD. You're right about leaving your car there and calling the insurance company, it'd become your responsibility if you were to drive off with it and then yell. I'm still amazed that you managed to have the car fixed, it looked totalled at first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i know mine looked totalled also. with the painting and the buffing of the whole car and everything it took me one weekend to fix it. i had my brother and my father and his brother helping me. my hood looked like a W. bumper was hanging almost to the ground. i will try to get a picture of it on here so you guys can see it.

justin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I picked up the car, they reshaped the fenders, wrong grill is still on and theres a gap between my bumper and fenders and hood and headlights...I'll post pics this weekend.
Car is going up for sale. Still runs great, but I don't like the Karma.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts