VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The insurance companys go by the KBB value for a totaled car correct? or is there another database they use? And what parts can you take off the car and still recive a full insurance check.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am almost positive they go by the KBB for value. Thats what my sisters insurance company did when she totaled her eclipse. As far as taking parts offI believe you can only take what has been added by you after you bought the car...stereo, special rims...etc

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
did something happen to the a4 dakoda? just wondering. Im pretty sure they go by blue book value. and I wouldnt see why you couldnt take off your aftermarket parts. if you can swap them with stock, Im sure that would be fine. hope this helps. I would check with the insurance company, or ask a garage that you trust.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Different car insurance companies go with different values for totalled cars. I'd drop an e-mal to your agent to check to make sure they go KBB.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No brian it isnt mine, its the lil red 4door golf for the GTG. My friend, Zachs golf (the one with the Blow off valve. We were driving around and we went to slide a turn, the road had oil on it and the car didnt turn. The car went head on into an 18" curb, its totaled. Bent frame, hole in the tranny, oil everywhere, radiatior was on the sidewalk, Intercooler was 10 feet away from the car folded in half, timing chain was on the ground, intake filter was 10 feet away from teh car, dimples in the roof, armrest wont go down because of bent frame, wheel was shattered (like 30 pieces) brake roator was bent, caliper broke off. He hit at about 40 ...no good

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
No brian it isnt mine, its the lil red 4door golf for the GTG. My friend, Zachs golf (the one with the Blow off valve. We were driving around and we went to slide a turn, the road had oil on it and the car didnt turn. The car went head on into an 18" curb, its totaled. Bent frame, hole in the tranny, oil everywhere, radiatior was on the sidewalk, Intercooler was 10 feet away from the car folded in half, timing chain was on the ground, intake filter was 10 feet away from teh car, dimples in the roof, armrest wont go down because of bent frame, wheel was shattered (like 30 pieces) brake roator was bent, caliper broke off. He hit at about 40 ...no good<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
ouch!! that really sucks. I'll drop you an email. I need some little interior and exterior bits. I want to see if I can get some off of him. hope he is ok.

·
Registered
158 Posts
when i wrecked the golf last yearmy insurance co(nationwide) was going to go by blue book value, but then they realized the car was saveable

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the anual insurance will go up 4-5k a year for the next 3-4 years if it is reported. They have decided to not claim the car and take the loss. So we will strip the car and he will be getting a mk2. We plan on swapping engines. The car runs fine. The timing chain was put on and everything is workinig fine...Minus the whole in the tranny. We are going going to doo the swap over the winter...Ill keep everyonoe posted. BY the way, we are both ok...ill post pictures when i can get some

-Dakoda

1 - 10 of 10 Posts