VW Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of full intake do they have for the 2.0 in a 97 gti? i want and have been wanting to get an intake tube and all for my gti but have a hard time finding them and when i do find them they are outrageously priced... someone help me out here pleeeassee!!!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
ABD makes a replacement tube if you are looking to do that. for full intake productivity, a heatshield works great to protect hot air from being sucked in the cone filter. Eurosport makes a nice setup that comes with a heat shield, cone filter, and i believe a breather filter. If you are good working with metals it is really easy to make your own heat shields as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i talked to another guy on here and he had slome templates he is gonna send me tomorrow for a heat shield ... i have a filter already i jus need a tube im tired of looking at that black rubber tube.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yeah definately give the template a try. i have the abd piping that replaces the factory black rubber tubing on my jetta. and its a pretty good fit too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hopefully he doesnt forget to send em to me because i know its jus sucking in nuthing but hot air right now so i wanna try to get that done as a project because its so cold outside how much was your piping and whered you get it?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
DM Tuning also makes a tube, the big bore is nice, but theres rubbing depending on what intake you have on the car? Which intake do u have?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
actually the filter i have on there is jus from autozone. I took box and everything out just put a cone filter on it i still have the MAF sensor on there i drilled a hole in the MAF and put my vacuum tube from the box on there and it works pretty well im jus looking on how much your tubing was from ABD or whatever it was you said and where you gfot it from!

·
Registered
194 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
actually the filter i have on there is jus from autozone. I took box and everything out just put a cone filter on it i still have the MAF sensor on there i drilled a hole in the MAF and put my vacuum tube from the box on there and it works pretty well im jus looking on how much your tubing was from ABD or whatever it was you said and where you gfot it from!

I used to have my intake like that too. I didn't drill the MAF casing and place the vacuum hose like you did though, because MAF sensors are really sensitive.

A few months ago a friend of mine sold me a pipe for $5. It's the one they sell at autozone for hondas. I took it, then went to home depot and got 90 deg. bent pipe for air plumbing. I placed it on the autozone pipe and replaced the stock black hose. It even has a place for the vacuum hose. I disconnected the breather sensor and put a breather filter in place of it.

Not only does it work good, but the CEL isn't even on. IMO it's win win.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
u know it jus happens to be a coincedent(spelling) that I went and bought one of those intakes that autozone has today and tryed to put it on i thought bout jus taking it back but you said go to home depot and get the 90degrees bend .. if i were to go buy that how would i i secure the 2 pieces of piping together ... how did you secure them?

·
Registered
194 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
u know it jus happens to be a coincedent(spelling) that I went and bought one of those intakes that autozone has today and tryed to put it on i thought bout jus taking it back but you said go to home depot and get the 90degrees bend .. if i were to go buy that how would i i secure the 2 pieces of piping together ... how did you secure them?
I have a pic of it on my computer, I just wish I knew how to post it.

Just use the rubber connectors that they sell at autozone. I think they're like $4. you might need about three of them for the TB connection, The MAF connection and the pipe to pipe connection.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thaks alot man i think i might just have to go do that when im off work tuesday try to get that picture .. you can send it to me in an email if you want my email addy is [email protected] i'd apreciate that man.. thanks alot!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got it! looks all good except the duct tape wheres the pipe you bought from home depot??duct tape has got to go man ..haha!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i like your setup but the template u sent me wasnt in the email it was just your message there was no template or file to download.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Buy yourself a new MAF, save and buy the big bore and a k&n filter. Will work much better then your current setup. The vaccume lines and simply be plugged on the intake manifold with vaccume plugs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my current setup work just fine no problem man no need for a new setup i jus need a heat sheild and some custom piping which i figured out im getting from my brother and hes gona do it for me so the intake is all takin care of but.... now i need a clutch .. any one know what size flywheel the 97 2.0 gti motor has??because i got on abd and they have diff size flywheels for each clutch kit!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Autozone 30.00 Integra intake tube with a real K&N dont use that Autozone filter it dont filter shit get a real K&N or youll find dust all over your MAF in a month ..and plan on spending 180-280 for a new one if you drive an MKIII..

[ January 05, 2004: Message edited by: pozer ]

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.