VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would there be a better CAI to get than the one Neuspeed puts out for my car?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
u could get the ABD big bore intake tube then get a setup that has a heat shied that protects the filter from sucking hot air off the engine. i know eurosport makes a good setup like this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the ABD website, it says that the big bore intakes aren't legal for street use, just for racing, so that's out....nice suggestion though

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
They say that as a liability issuse. They also it on the q-flow intakes lol. The location of the filter element on the 2.0 is far away from the heat, an enclcosed heatshield is not necessary. ABD or eurosport, neuspeed makes crappy intakes.
A CAI on the 2.0 is ugly looking and may gain u 1/1000 Hp

·
Registered
466 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
They say that as a liability issuse. They also it on the q-flow intakes lol. The location of the filter element on the 2.0 is far away from the heat, an enclcosed heatshield is not necessary. ABD or eurosport, neuspeed makes crappy intakes.
A CAI on the 2.0 is ugly looking and may gain u 1/1000 Hp
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got one on a 1.8 and I'm sure I've gained at least 2/1000 of a HP. Oh ya, unless you want to give the engine a little different sound, don't bother spending the $$$ on one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
well guys it may not give you much more horse power but it definetly gives you alot better throttle response and a nice roar when you floor it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts