VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey anyone know how the velocity CAI is...just wondering if anyone had it or not...has a 7 inch K&N filter on it which seems nice...just wanted anyones 2 cents thanks guys

heres the link http://www.thecableshack.com/

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Most will tell ya that most intakes are the same. When you think about it, they are. Sounds like you have a good filter, thats whats important. That being said, I went with the Carbonio CAI. Why? It was cool lookin.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have installed many Velocity CAI's. Really good fit and finish. Not to expensive. Overall a great CAI, just like the other ones

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I have an AEM here, and I can't help but say good things about it. But most CAIs that are for sale are pretty much the same. Just don't buy one that rusts.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have the Velocity, and it is a good piece as everyone else already said. I did a groupbuy on these almost two years ago, sold about 30 of them, and got no complaints after they shipped from anyone, so everyone seemed to be pretty happy. Unless you are hard pressed on having the the bling bling carbon fiber of the Carbonio, I would get the velocity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just picked up a Carbino. Looks nice, not so bling bling, I think it blends nicly with the rest of the motor and what a crazy sound from the carbon fiber.

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: grnjetta6 ]

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: grnjetta6 ]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i think i'm going to pick up a velocity cai soon. it seems like a really good price! is the 7" filter better to get than the 5"? also does anyone take off their intake and replace it with the factory airbox during the winter?

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea the bigger the filter the better so the 7" is deff better then the 5". i was wondering where i could find the carbonio intake i haven't seen it yet. thanks

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
velocity makes a great cai. ive seen it on many cars and have had freinds install them. id buy one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts