VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys... check this out... a month after i get my jetta, my sister decides that she likes jetta's too... so she gets one also. she got a 2003 silver jetta. its awesome but its brand new and still has the warranty on it. she wants an intake on it but it will void the warranty. so does vw make intakes and if they do could they install one with out voiding the warranty? thanx

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Thanks to the Magnuson Moss warranty act, a CAI will not void your warranty. They might try to deny a claim, but you have the above said act on your side to protect you against that. The only way they can deny a repair under warranty is if they can prove the aftermarket part caused the failure.

My reccomendation would be to find a place thats cool with working on modded rides, and they shouldn't have a problem. Keep your stock aribox around though, just in case.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
First off, why isn't your sister on the forum? I mean, she is veedubin' now, so she might as well be here dubbin' it up.

I found this website from SEMA and I think it might help you out:
http://www.enjoythedrive.com/san/

I don't think VW makes an intake.

But if you are still not convienced it is safe to go with an aftermarket intake, just drop in a K&N panel filter; that's what i did. It allows you to hear the diverter valve better (as long as the radio is off
) and it gives a nice sucking sound (at least i like it).

·
Registered
510 Posts
Holla yall.
Gota lil Question here.
I came across a AEM Cold air intake for my 02 gti for about $180. Can anyone tell me whether to get it or not, and if not then what to get instead for under $250??
Please provide website on where to get it from.
Peace

·
Registered
33 Posts
get the Cold air intake and have fun. When you goto your dealers for some work then just take the intake off. Its something you can do in 30 minutes.

Carson your all over these boards arent you?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got a air intake on my car and the dealer ship said it's fine... Just as long as you don't chip it,, but there are chips out there and the dealer ship won't find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts