VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was pullin outa the parking garage next to the nite club i was at tonite and i was following a wannabe fast/furious eclipse except it was black, non turbo eclipse. he was tryin to show off and rev his fart can in the parking garage so i jus followed him out and proceeded on my way home. it jus happened that he also got on the highway in the direction i was going. so i thought id see what he had. we ran close untill top end. we were both in 4th gear and i saw his shift lite come on from his monster tac and he shifted into 5th i had alot more room to go in 4th and pulled on him and went to 5th. it was a fun race for my lil 2.0 lol...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
good job man! its always to hear a dub win a great race like that. yeah, i had a race today. agains a 98 Subaru RS 2.4. not to give away the obvious or anything, but i lost. oh well, i didnt do that bad of a job. i mean, i spun out more then him, damn all wheel drive, and hes just got more power! still, racing is fun!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep ill second what mark said...
i cant beat everything out there but there are some i can get.. haha i always love when v8 mustangs try to pull up next to me and wanna run. im like i hope u can beat a 2.0 jetta.. haha

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Funny that you mention the Eclipse. On my way home from Detroit last night I let my brother drive my car. He was going at around 140 KM/H (divide by 1.6 for miles) as he was over taked by a flying red eclipse. That guy was nutts because it was starting to snow and I told my brother "Don't even think about trying to catch up in my baby with weather like that". By the time we got to London there was about 1 inch of snow on the road and it was really nasty. I noticed that my wipers are no longer performing as they should and I will replace them today. The rubber hardened. Going to get nice soft ones.

Good job TNP96VW by the way !!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
so, can a 2.0 beat a Stang V8? stupid question i guess. sry about my stupidity.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea a 2.0T would prolly give some muscles cars a run for their money. but im a long ways off from doin a turbo on my 2.0... lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
2.0's rock.... With the right work 2.0's can be naughty. If I can beat a non turbo stealth... I dont doubt the power of the 2.0.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts