VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys need some advice on interior cleaners.

well i brought my car into the body shop last weekend to get my dent fixed and when i got my car back i noticed black hand marks all over the roof and a-pillar(i think that's what it's called) of my car. what can i use to clean this grease that those pigs at the body shop left on my car??

also i have salt residue on my carpet and other various parts on the interior, b/c of winter. can anyone recommend a cleaner??

[ June 06, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Try a solvent like Orange Clean for the grease and you can just pop the carpet off and take one of those wetwash vacuums to it. Sorry, completely blanking out on the name of those things.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Yeah most cleaners like simple green and such will get the grease off. I'm a mechanic so i'm always getting prints in my car. Stuff like that usually works good. The carpet can be shampooed. If you don't want to do it most detailing shops won't charge too much to shampoo the carpets. And then they'll look good as new.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I would bring it back and ask THEM to clean it! Was it the dealership or a private mechanic?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a private shop. plus it's my dad's friends and they gave me a good price on the dent that some a$$hole did in my works parking lot.

thanks guys for the tips!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I used this carpet cleaner (blue something maybe??-I cant remember), but I guy at my work let me use it, and it worked well. I will try to get the name of it. comes in a spray bottle, just sprayed, and rubbed, and ta-da! clean. hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
maybe resolve or something. or is that not strong enough?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts