VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me where the fuse is that makes the heater control lights work.. Have had the car for a year now and don't know if they worked when i got it, also are the heater vents in the middle and either side of the dash supposed to light up red.. Thanx if you can help me out

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Its not a fuse for the climate controls...the bulb is burned out, and it lights up the entire climate control panel. To replace it, perform the following:

1: Put a rag over a pair of channel lock pliers, and pull out on the center knob (fan control). The knob should pull out with little effort.
2: Use a piece of vacuum hose and work it over the little bulb in the center of where the knob was, and pull out.
3: Insert a new bulb carefully, either with your finger or the vacuum line.
4: Slide the knob back into the controls.

Thats about it. I don't know the bulb #, I just go back to parts and they know what I need...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don,t think the bulbs have blown tho because none of them work. I removed the standard cd player and stereo for an aftermarket one so don`t know if this has done anything to it.. It`s just all the heater ones which is suspicious which makes think it was a fuse gone..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorted replaced the bulb in the heater controls and that works perfectly.. But the ones in the heater vents don`t! My car is a 2000 model Are they supposed to light up? It doesn`t seem like there suposed to.. I have seen cars in mags with them lit up..

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Do you have a Jetta (Bora) or Golf? Golf models do not have lighted vents stock, except for the R32. Jettas have them stock...its an OEM upgrade to Golf models to get the vents from a Jetta and install them, which I have done personally to my GTI.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That`s wot i was expecting to hear.. how do you go about fitting the jetta ones? Are they a perfect fit and how do you go about wiring them up.Where can you buy them from anywhere else other than a main dealer.thanx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts