VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasssup.....Like i said before i am new to the Jetta world, but i have a question >> I just got a 2000 Jetta GL, Black Interior etc....well i have been looking at pics of other jettas interiors and comparing them to mine..... well did some models come without the middle armrest??.....or is mine missing??....and if it didn't come with one, could i purchase 1 from another model and install it?.....PEACE

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Who in their right mind would take out the arm rest? So I'm with Brett on that one. Look in between your seat. There will be a little button on top of the armrest. you have to press it in, then push it forward.

Sometimes I put it all the way down and pretend I am a Jet not a Jetta, but usually I put it between the seats. Also have 3 English - Japanese Language Tapes in there. LOL Thought I'd throw it in there.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
GL = no armrest
GLS (and others) = armrest
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

REALLY? You can't be serious VW would skimp out on the armrest? LOL that's too funny. HAHAA.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
REALLY? You can't be serious VW would skimp out on the armrest? LOL that's too funny. HAHAA.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think a lady at work has an 02 GL w/1.8T with NO armrest!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I find that REALLY strange that yours doesn't have any armrest at all... You sure it's not just up between the seats? I know that seems like stating the obvioius...but I don't know...

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedbora:
I hate my armrest. I never use it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I had a car like that, Boosted... I would drive with my right hand on the steering wheel, the other elbow out the window, too.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedbora:
I hate my armrest. I never use it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, if i had one i would say the same thing. they get in the way of shifting and just lame! good place to store shit but thats it!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I like my armrest. Specially when I throw my elbow over it when downshifting for traction while taking ramps a little too fast!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
yea, when I looked at Golf GL's before convincing the wife on the GTI they didn't have armrests. Suck-o. Once you figure out the negative angle position, the armrest is really pretty comfy, and doesn't get in the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah i too just bought a 2000 Jetta GL and to my surprise just realized that there is NO armrest! Would it be possible to order this part from VW or do you know of any other places that would sell one? :?

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have a 96 golf gl and it has taht chincy little thing behind the e-brake, i love arm rests and i wish mine had one..

·
Registered
153 Posts
haha, looks like you're gonna need to buy an armrest for your jetta now. i'm sure you could pick one up fairly cheap at a yard or on 'tex.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Check in OUR trading post. One of those posts selling alot of stuff had an arm rest in it. I will look and post the link up in a sec.

My bad, that was the center console, not the armrest.

Check www.vwvortex.com and www.parts4vws.com

1 - 20 of 31 Posts