VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

While I'm waiting for my ignition coil to hopefully get my '97 Golf "Jazz" edition back on the road, I thought I would lean to you guys for suggestions on an alarm issue.

My Alarm type:
My car does not have a keyless remote, I use the key to lock/unlock doors. When I lock them there's a horn "chirp" and a little red light flashes near the driver's side door. Hopefully this describes what kind of alarm system I have.

The problem:
The alarm will go off apparently for no reason. Doors are all still locked, no one near. I even garaged it (where I know there was no wind or outside interference) and it will still occasionally go off. Seems to happen more often in the early morning when it starts to warm up, but that could be a coincidence.

Things that "may" be helpful for diagnosis:
Sometimes when driving the little light that shows the hatchback is open lights up. I tried opening and closing it firmly and spraying 4d40 on the part that latches, but the light still comes on even with the hatch closed tightly.

The right side turn signal does not blink. The left signal blinks, but the right one just stays on -- it was doing this before the alarm issue though.

Suggestions appreciated. My work-around has been just not locking the car doors.

Thanks,
Missy

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
you either have a bad fuse or your alarm relay is bad, or you may have bad door wire looms. check your fuses first i think its 21 or 22. if thats good replace your alarm relay, i have a module i can sell you fairly cheap if need be. after you do both of those let us know if it still does it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
alarm issue seems to me that the sensor in the trunk latch isnt working correctly, im not sure on the 95, but i know on my 96 the sensor is in the latch itself, try unplugging the sensor and see what happens, if it stops doing it while the sensor is unplugged thats your problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm having a similar problem. Can I just disconnect the door switches, or will that cause the alarm to think the doors are never closed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts