·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My name is Modestas.
I live in Lithuania, Marijampolė.
I'm 19
And university

I've bought a Volkswagen corrado 1991 149w from holland it's petrol, supercharged, 1.8 manual gear box. And it won't start. You can start it just when push. Someone said that it's starter problem someone said thats it because that thing on top of starter someone said that's it selenoid. Can you help me whit this? If you need more info about car and problem just ask :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hello. My name is Modestas.
I live in Lithuania, Marijampolė.
I'm 19
And university

I've bought a Volkswagen corrado 1991 149w from holland it's petrol, supercharged, 1.8 manual gear box. And it won't start. You can start it just when push. Someone said that it's starter problem someone said thats it because that thing on top of starter someone said that's it selenoid. Can you help me whit this? If you need more info about car and problem just ask :)
Do you have access to a volt meter? You should be able to check the solenoid out. Honestly replacing them both wouldn't be that big of a deal..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have access to a voltometer I'm don't need that. When i bought the car seller said thats because of car alarm. When I tryed today to make car go. I spin key 1 position before starting and fan start working and I tryed to start. Strange click sound car is making when I want to start. Maybe it's because car looks like it was standing in one place for about 2 years it has cowebs all over here. Can that be the issue?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Yeah its old, so you might have to replace some things. Replace the starter and the solenoid if you don't want to isolate it to one issue. Otherwise a voltmeter will tell you if the solenoid is good or bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello now I want to ask another thing about Corrado :). Can I replace my old Corrado brakes with Golf mk3 brakes? And I know that some parts from golf mk3 can fit corrado, but how much these parts are?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts