VW Forum banner
2M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  bella007 
Name: Mike
Occupancy: Correctional Officer(Sgt.)
School (if any): Cheyney University

Hobbies: Being with family, college football(Rutgers fan), old school hiphop (1982-2002), old school wrestling(1977-86), working out/physical fitness

1 of the reps in the Parts dept at VW Wilmington told me about this forum. My cousin had this 2002 VW Beetle GLS 2.0 with 87k sitting in his driveway for the past 3 years so every know and then i would ask questions about it. This past January i heard a couple talking heads saying gas prices would be going through the roof this spring so I bought the Beetle off him for $1k. I took it to VW for a diagnosis test. It was in great condition for being 20 years old I had the timing belt changed out oil/air filters changed, brakes rotors calipers changed along with new tires. I had a Passat in the early 2000s and LOVED it! Trying to upgrade the music system with changing the speakers and head unit and figure out what this static like sound i hear off and on when driving that seems to be coming from the center console under the head unit. I'm a 6'3 300 so I had to tint the windows tired of folks laughing at me lol. I plan on having this for hopefully another 5-10 years. Thanks for having me!