VW Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2126 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys my name is Ed and I live in central Ky. I recently bought my first VW, it's a 2002 Cabrio. To date, I have owned primarily Toyotas and Fords and the VW way of doing things is interesting and sometimes pretty impressive. I got a good deal on this car, It has 90k miles and is in pretty good shape. However, it is plagued with alot of minor problems, some of which I have already solved. I joined the forum in hopes of getting some information on the other troubles the car has and maybe help out someone else having problems that I am familiar with.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My name is Steve.
I'm going to be 64 years young, in a couple weeks.
I have been 'married' for over 41 years. I have 2 beautiful children. 3 even MORE beautiful grand children.
This is my 2nd VW.
My first was a 2002 red 2.0 auto beetle hatchback. I owned/modified IT for about 3 years.
Mother nature totaled it out via HAIL almost a year ago.
The same day SHE kicked its ass, I purchased my current ride.
A beautiful 2013 red vw beetle. 2.0 tsi turbo, 6 speed manual.
I've been throwing money at it/making it faster ever since.
I had a LONG/drawn out documentary here moments ago, but computer malfunction either on the
part of this forum, or whatever trashed it, so you guys/gals get the abbreviated version.

I hope to maybe answer some questions, and even more so, get some of my questions answered here.
Tks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
Name's Jim, I'm in Baltimore MD.
I'm 45 and work in the scale service industry.
Just bought my daughter her first car.
She loves the old Jettas, so she now has a 1998 Jetta GL with the 2.0 engine.

I've taken care of all the inspection stuff, but she's afraid to drive it because it occasionally stalls when you pull into or out of a parking spot.

Once I'm allowed to ask questions, I have one that's perplexing me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,
My name is Bryan. I'm 37, living outside of Dallas, TX. I married into an '83 Rabbit convertible, triple white, nice looking little car. It was my mother-in-laws first car that she gave to my wife some years ago, so it's been in the family since it was new. It's been sitting in a garage for about 6 years and I'd love to get it fixed up and running right for her. I'm an RN and don't have a ton of experience working on my own cars but wouldn't mind learning, just don't know where to start with this. I'm here for all the help I can get.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. Brand new here. My first car was an 81 Mk 1 Scirocco. Wish I still had it! Since then I’ve owned three Audi’s but haven’t gotten back into the VW family. Yesterday I ordered a 2019 Jetta R-Line. Anxious for it to arrive!

Pete

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm Philip
2010 VW Eos Lux
Upstate NY near the CT/MA border
My wife and I have been campaigning our Eos in SCCA Solo autocross this summer and surprising the heck out of everyone.
My 1st VW was a 1980's Dasher wagon diesel. My wife had a 2005.5 Jetta 2.5 MkV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello

Hi my names Dan. Far from being a mechanic. Plumber by trade. I just got a 2003 vw Passat. Never owned a vw before. Had a water pump go out so I found this forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
My dailiy driver is an E-Golf and I just bought a Golf 4 on the weekend for my son. It will need some work so I though the best place to get advice is on a VW Forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Member 2003 Jetta GLX

Good evening everybody,
My name is Glenn Blastow
Job: Asst. Manager for Marble and Granite Wholesaler
Hobbies: Road cycling,photography & working on either my car or my sons 04 Jetta 1.8T
My Car is 2003 Jetta GLX 24v VR6. - 185,xxx miles and still going strong !
Son's car is 2004 Jetta 1.8T ( Work in progress but coming along)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Name: Robert
Occupancy: Service engineer for laboratory and scientific equipment
School (if any): University of Latvia, MSc. in Analytical Chemistry

Hobbies: Voleyball, guitar, cars, friends

How'd you find the forum?: I was searching whether my car has a brake pad sensor and found this place

The car: Passat B6, 2.0 TDI, 16V, sedan, dark blue with bright moldings

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,
I have visited this site many times over the years. VW has always been my fav mfg and I have had several buses in my days. At present, I have a 61 bus and 99.5 golf (the daily driver).
Glad to have access to the VW knowledge, pics and chats....
Cheers!

2081 - 2100 of 2126 Posts