VW Forum banner

2101 - 2120 of 2126 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New Member VA

What’s up everyone!

My name is Mike. I’m 35 and just bought my first VW. I bought it to get back and forth to Indiana once a month instead of my Gas monster Tahoe. I’m looking forward to discussing a few upgrades, and helping out with a little of my mechanical knowledge! See you all soon!
F5E7191E-7079-4157-8467-7FF02243CF56.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone

I'm Bárður, 24 year old tech support guy from Iceland.
I recently bought my first VW. It's a 2006 polo 9n3 that had been in a small accident and was on it's way to the wreckers. I got it very cheap and have replaced a couple of the broken parts (although it's not perfect yet). It's by no means a nice car, but it works and it's probably the best "bang for buck" car purchase I've ever made. I'll probably even sell it at a profit once I'm done with it.

I decided to jump on here since I'm having some electrical issues that I need some help with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Greetings VW Forum members,
My name is Alex. I am 74 years old, married, retired, live in Louisiana and play Irish fiddle music.
I am still driving my 3rd Volkswagen; a 2005 GTI Autobahn Edition in reflex silver. This is my 3rd Volkswagen and the first 'water-cooled' VW model in my 58 years of owning various cars and motorcycles.
My first two VW's were a '59 Bug and a '62 Karmann Ghia. Those were some very interesting years!
Happy to become a member of this virtual community.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
2.5 I5 Mk6 Jetta motor pull

Hello guys! I am coming to the forum today to request some knowledge. Recently my CEL lit for a p0016 code and has symptoms of a bad timing chain (hardstart, lagging with speed in high rpm going through the gears.) I was doing some research and found a couple companies that warranty crate motors and considering doing a full motor swap to the same 2.5 I5 that is in my Jetta. I would like to know how difficult of a job this would be to drop the motor that’s in it and get a new one bolted back up. I am pretty mechanically inclined but pretty limited on VW. The reason for the swap is because upon further investigation I found that I have oil leaking from the head gasket and would like to replace the whole motor itself. If any of you could give me some good advice or tips on it, it is very much so appreciated. Thank you guys so much! It is a 2011 Jetta SE with the 2.5 I5 engine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone my name is Mike I’m 37 years young I have kids that’s are awesome. I have been into vws for a very long time. As much as I like the mk4s my heart belongs to the mk1 and mk2. I’m on the hunt for a carbriolet so I can make it my own and eventually do a swap. I’m currently parting out a mk4 GLI Patinim grey. So hit me up with parts you might need. I’m familiar with Vortex and I think it’s a great place for us to come to. Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All!

I am new to the forum and am getting into more and more volkswagen stuff! Excited to be a part of this community!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I just bought an 019 Alltrack wagon. It is a stick. I am wondering how hard it would be to lower it a bit. If there are spring pads perhaps they can be swapped? I see a spring kit from Eibach or K and B. Anybody using them? I want a nice soft ride and don't plan to go offroad so high clearance is not needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tom

I have an 02 Passat sedan. I noticed today that neither the key fob or the switch on the driver's door will lock or unlock the driver's door. All other doors work as they should. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
1998 VW Beetle project car/Last One was 1969 Bug

Just found a 1998 VW Beetle in decent shape for low price
Need front bumper spoiler - heater core - driver side headlight assembly (lens cover missing)
A full shop manual link would be most helpful
Silver in color
Vin# indicates it was made in Mexico
Always enjoy research and solving a good mystery

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why is comfort window functionality disabled in America?

Name: Justin
Car: 2018 Tiguan High Line - White
Relatively New to Canada *landed in 2018 - From South Africa.

I am looking for advice regarding the comfort windows setting which should allow one to open all of the car windows by holding the unlock button of the remote when you approach the car.

I have had a number of VWs in SA and all of them had this feature.
This is an awesome feature for the summer - similar to the remote start to warm up your car in the winter.

Apparently this feature has been disabled in all VW's in the whole of North America (Canada & USA).
VW Canada quoted "Safety" for their reason and would not provide any further information.

2101 - 2120 of 2126 Posts