VW Forum banner
2,121 - 2,140 of 2,206 Posts
Name: Bala
Driving 2011 TDI Sportwagen (automatic) and waiting to get a 2014 6-speed TDI Sporwagen (Silver/Black)

I'm hearing of clutch problems with TDI's that have remained in storage and being released for sale as dealers find active buyers. Does the forum have any feedback on this?

I am thinking of taking it for a longer test drive to check it out myself (short drive ~10-min did not reveal any issues). I have read posts where folks have complained about clutch pedal not returning to home position after a gear shift or clutch slips etc. Any info/guidance would help.

Name: Sean
driving: 2006 Jetta GLI 2.0 FSI
Just picked up the car yesterday looking to put in some work and get her sitting happy around 300hp. 149k on the clock still on stock clutch driven by an older guy so she was taken care of.

Introduction posting:

Hello!

Name: Art (username loragen)

Hobbies: Countless unfinished car projects, alternative fuels, automotive electronics.
Owned VW 's all my life. First was a 1969 Type 2 owned for 14 years, drove all over North America in the 70's. Currently a 2011 GTI.

How'd you find the forum?: I posted a question about module programming. But I might be able to assist with some tech questions too.

Hello from Perth, Scotland

Just found the forum. I currently have a 1999 MK4 Golf SDI that I run on veg oil that I just finished a video on. I'm hoping to post regular updates about running an old VW on non conventional fuels.

Name: Sterling
Occupancy: IT Network Advisor
School (if any): Mississippi State University

Hobbies: Gardening, tinkering, philosophizing, fiddling with cars

How'd you find the forum?: Picked up a Salvage titled 99 Cabrio with less than 100,000 miles on it. A few cheap fixes later and it runs very well and no check engine lights. Now to just bang out the dent that caused it to be totalled by the insurance company enough that my wife will be seen in it. I found this forum while looking for seat compatibility for the passenger front. I have fiddled with Mercedes, Chevys, and even a little Geo Tracker I put a couple hundred thousand miles on since my 30s. Lately I find myself mostly working on my tractor and its multitude of attachments.

Fix mit einem hammer! (a phrase coined by a girl friend as I worked on her 80s Merc 300D front brakes with a 5lb deadblow.)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Trunk Volkswagen

Hello guys

I am a new member. My location is Stockholm Sweden.

I am an electro engineer. Working with IT. I have an interest of most technical stuff. Love RC helicopters, fishing, home automation. Well... fixing with almost everything, which actually take more time than I have.

I just took over a VW Polo V 1.6 TDI 2011, CAYB 6R134 from my father to use as my second car 5 month ago as he is to old to drive. Unfortunately I have had some problems with it.

I joined this forum both to get help from you pro:s, but also to help others if I can of course.

Regards
Peo

Name: Deepak
Occupancy: Project Manager at Suzuki India Group
Hobbies: Cars, cooking, photography, reading
My Car : a pre-loved 2011 Volkswagen Polo Highline 1.2P 3 cylinder, 74 HP, Grey color. (had 58k kms on ODO) I got the deal at 250 thousand INR (i.e around USD 3,400). Tell me is it a good deal at your place? Its a good one at mine.

Changes done till now:
1. Changed the stock head unit RCD310 (which was without USB or AUX) to a RCD320
2. Changed 2 tyres which were almost bare
3. Changed 2 speakers which blew out
4. Changed front shocker bush kits
5. One service at 60,000 kms
Overall above things cost me around another 20,000 INR (i.e. ~USD265)

Got to know about this forum when I was scourging the internet so as to know my car better.
Hoping to learn from you guys.
Below are some pictures of me and my car.

Attachments

Name: Bruce
Occupancy: Quality Control
School (if any): University of Wisconsin Platteville

Hobbies: Cars,Photography,Sim racing

New here and looking for a VW preferably a 2.5L Golf or Jetta. Had various cars including a BMW 2002, various RX-7's and a few trucks as well. losing a Mazda 3 going off to college, and I love the sound of an AWE exhaust 2.5L powered car. VR6 is even better but the mileage for the 2.5 wins out, plus it even sounds good going slow.
Any advice for someone buying a 2.5L car for the first time. Lots of high mileage cars I'm seeing but not a lot of 2.5's mostly the turbo powered cars.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi!!! I found this Forum because I just learned that forums are a thing and I'm really trying to learn more about my car and the community that surrounds modding cars and such. My name is Olivya, I'm 20, I'm from NY, and I drive a 04 Passat wagon. I'm still learning so please don't come at me for my lack of knowledge.

2,121 - 2,140 of 2,206 Posts