VW Forum banner
2M views 2K replies 2K participants last post by  bella007 
#1 ·
Welcome to VWForum. We're here to help you and answer your questions, but we'd like to get to know our members a little bit so we can help a little better.

Introduce yourself! This is a forum full of people, can't hurt to get to know a few!

I'll give an example of a good format for making an introduction.

Name: Cody
Occupancy: Home theater and car audio installation and sales
School (if any): University of Wisconsin Platteville

Hobbies: Home theater, car audio, cars (duh), music, my girlfriend, project days at my garage

How'd you find the forum?: The waterpump on my car broke while test driving it at the stealership so I had to find out what was wrong with it somehow! Liked this place and been here a year and some change!

Pic of me (completely optional):

(me and my girlfriend)

The good stuff!

The car: Mark IV 2003 Volkswagen Bora 1.8L Turbo (AWP)
Color: Reflex silver
Pictures of the car:

See less See more
#8 ·
#10 ·
welcome to you all...its nice to see that there are more and more people coming about the forums...please feel free to post what you need...and please try and help others out too if you can...we are all here to help each other out...if there are also any concerns about anything please let a moderator such as myself or TTTurbo know and we will be happy to help

#13 ·
New to forum

Hi all
New to the forum but long time VW owner
76 Rabbit
76 Scirocco
81 Scirocco
93 Corrado -
2006 GTi lease
Currently 2002 GTi 337 just purchased, bone stock, 70K

Plan on some mods but not sure how far I'll tweak it
Great info here so looking forward to getting aquainted

Tim

#14 ·
iim soooo glad that vw has there own forum!

my buddy has a srt4 and they have the srtforums and they really seem to help out when ya need it!

i love all the threads on this site!

esp the diy thread!

AWESOME!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#15 ·
Hey guys, new to the euro scene. I drive a 09 Pontiac G5 (i know), but am looking for a Jetta project car, and thought this would be a good way to start getting info. I am 18, and currently apprenticing as a plumber. I am really into JDM cars, but lately, I've really been noticing the euros, and i even subscribed to Eurotuner lol.

#17 ·
Allow me a short Intro

Hi Guys

Excited to be a member of the VW forum allow me to introduce myself

Name: Poovashen Moodley ( Poovs)
School : Springs Secondary
Car: 2003 Golf 4 1.6 3 Door
Hobbies: Working on my Jammy

Need some tips on doing an engine implant, prefferably a 2.0lt 20 Valve motor with a GT28RS turbo, any suggestions?

Regards,
Poovs

#19 ·
New kid on the block

I have a 2000 VW Cabrio piece of $%*. I bought it used. I think the chick that sold it to me lied to me. I even took it to a dealership to have them look it over before I bought it. No one ever said anything to me about the check engine light not working. Now I can't get it to pass MD Emissions Testing.

I want to love my car. I just can't afford to love it yet. Anyhoo, that's why I am here so that maybe someone has some info on how to get my car working without spending more on it than it is worth.

Kim

Attachments

#20 ·
I have a 2000 VW Cabrio piece of $%*. I bought it used. I think the chick that sold it to me lied to me. I even took it to a dealership to have them look it over before I bought it. No one ever said anything to me about the check engine light not working. Now I can't get it to pass MD Emissions Testing.

I want to love my car. I just can't afford to love it yet. Anyhoo, that's why I am here so that maybe someone has some info on how to get my car working without spending more on it than it is worth.

Kim
Kim,

I replied to your post in the MKIII forums. You will be able to get better assisted over in the MK4 forums, as your 2000 Cabrio is a MK4.

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully we can be of assistance.

Mike

#21 ·
Name: Mike
Occupancy: United States Navy Active Duty Sailor
School (if any): Coastline Community College

Hobbies: family, cars, computers, games, working out, spending wayyy too much time on vwforums.com ;)

How'd you find the forum?: I belonged to another VW website. After realizing the people who were giving advice were morons (grinding down head bolts was one piece of advice that I fell out of my seat reading), I was searching for another site that had intelligent people on board...not posers (like another popular forum that ends in "vortex"...).

My family

My 96' Golf...yes...that's dried bird s*it on the fender.

Mike

#23 ·
Hey guys, Im out here in FL enjoying the nice warm weather. Just picked up a 99 Jetta and got problems arleady. The car wont go into 4th,(auto tran) looked up some info on the web and found out it might be the PCM or something. I was hesitant to pick up the VW b/c theyre "known" to have electrical problems but I liked it and didnt want to have a stereotype attitude about these cars. Well, now I know its true or is it??? Please help...is there anyway to fix this myself? If I cant, how much should I expect to pay. If its going to cost big, I dont think Im going to keep it. Guys...it seems you all are sincere VW enthusiasts...so you gotta tell me some good news. Thanks.

#24 ·
You're in Florida? I'm jealous :lol:.

Check your PM...I replied back to you.

Mike (MKIII Emeritus)

#25 ·
Hi all,

First off, I'm glad to be here. I'm new to this forum, just joined today. A little background about me, I'm 41, live in Minnesota, love cars (mostly I'm a truck guy though, currently drive a 04 F-150 FX4 Supercrew 4X4). The reason I decided to join this forum is that I'm looking to purchase a used (pre-owned as the dealers would say) Jetta and am looking for any and all advice. I've test driven Jettas with all three of the most popular engines, the 2.0, 1.8T, and the VR6. I must say out of the three I like the VR6 and the 1.8T the best (and out of those two I'm leaning towards the 1.8T). I'm just a little concerned about the reliability of these model year Jettas. On other site forums I've read ALOT of negative comments about the overall reliability of these cars. Everything from the engines just stalling to electrical problems to you name it. I really like these little cars but I'm somewhat hesitant to investing $5-6k in a used one just to potentially have to sink more $$ into it for repairs. I'd be using my Jet to commute to and from work M-F. I want to park the F-150 and drive something a little more economical. I'd most likely park the Jetta on weekends and drive the truck then. Does anyone have ANY advice for a future pre-owned Jetta owner??? BTW- I do plan on getting whatever Jetta I decide on inspected by a VW dealership prior to the purchase. Also, I tend to take very good care of my vehicles...my F-150 is washed weekly, I run AMSOIL full synthetic oil in it and have truly babied it from the get go. I know I'd do the same to the Jetta.

Thanks everyone and sorry this is so lengthy, I just wanted to ensure I paint a good picture for whoever reads this and decides to reply.

John

#26 ·
I'm Mark from Barrie, Ontario.

I used to own an 87 Jetta with AT and sunroof. Boought it assuming the 233K km was accurate, but since the speedometer was slow by 10-15 kph, I tried an instrument swap and found the instrument panel was a junkyard swap already. Got rid of the car 2 years later, mileage unknown.

I am now the accidental owner of a 95 Golf GL 5spd. I got carried away at an auction yesterday and ended up buying it for the incredible sum of $450 with 250K km's (150K miles). It's in amazingly good shape and I hope to keep it. It was bought as is so I'll have my mechanic look at it on Monday AM.

I may end up leaving it at the cottage as a runabout. Won't have to drive up with two cars for extended stays.

I'll keep you posted.

#28 · (Edited)
Hey there My names Jeffrey Lawhone, but my friends call me griever.
Im 20 years old
I live in Arizona, U.S.A.
Im currently working on life :p
I go to Glendale community college

I like working on cars, making music, money, and love. . .to females of course, well, that and my car.

I drive an 02 Jetta 1.8t. Ive modded it a bit, but nothing you would call rediciously exellent. :(

I joined this site to know more about the car and get to know see what some local guys are sportin here with VW.

#29 ·
First time VW owner

My name is Justin
I just recently bought a 96 Jetta GLX with 120,000 miles
As you can tell from my profile name it needs work
I have full aftermarket exhaust, but due to that I don't have a catalytic converter or either oxygen sensor.
Car is setup for a turbo and with all luck will have one soon.
I also will be picking up a crate engine with less than 3000 miles on it soon.
No pictures yet, but I will post when I get them.