VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to acquire a 2005 VW Pointer and was wondering how rare they are in the US and if they are desirable among the VW community. It has a clear title in my home state. It is originally from Mexico. Also, it is missing the rear bumper and I was wondering if anyone knows if a Golf rear bumper might fit or where I might source out the correct rear bumper. Finally, what might this car be worth. It has 53,000 Kilometers.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have an opportunity to acquire a 2005 VW Pointer and was wondering how rare they are in the US and if they are desirable among the VW community. It has a clear title in my home state. It is originally from Mexico. Also, it is missing the rear bumper and I was wondering if anyone knows if a Golf rear bumper might fit or where I might source out the correct rear bumper. Finally, what might this car be worth. It has 53,000 Kilometers.

Thanks for any help.
1. yes they are rare here in the states.
2. golf bumper maybe 3"-5" smaller
3. read somewhere, someone paid $11,000 american dollars for 1.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Thats not a North American model. Sounds like somebody ran the Gauntlet from Brazil up through central america to get it here. cool.....

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Looks pretty cool, has a bunch of potential, engine is really ugly.. What kind of drugs do you think were hidden in the bumper that is missing? lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts