VW Forum banner

Is it just me or is the Mk4 world shrinking...?

5K views 46 replies 12 participants last post by  _FUBAR_ 
I know what you mean. When I joined this forum two and a half years ago or so, there were much more members and POTM was active enough to have prizes. Now it seems like everyone is disappearing.

I'm all for the more active vwforum community!
:vwf:

I agree with shameless. Almost any community you join will have both ups and downs. As long as you enjoy what you're doing to your car, you should stick with it.

None of my friends at home are really into cars either. My friend has a new camaro but he doesnt even know how to change a wheel. Im kind of alone with the whole modded car thing but whatever.

thats a good idea. almost all active members post more than that though. i think a lot of trouble is keeping new members. for some reason it just stopped.

I'm currently 18 and drive a Mk4. I just started modding my car for say but its an 01 Wolfsburg Edition. I got the car off a 70 year old family friend about 9 months ago and have already put 18K so i'm at 158K currently(I drive 100+ Miles a day). He bought the car new in 2001 and gave me all the service records and the receipts for every tank of gas that he put in the car. The car is virtually spotless except for wear on the driver seat. I had a Mk1 that i bought when I was 13 and got back on the road, I loved the car but it just wasn't for me, i needed something that had more space and more reliable. I see why people don't like the Mk4 kids, they tend to be arrogant and not know what they are doing. I so far have only done a downpipe, Cat Delete, CAI, DV and window tint, and an upgraded clutch. but im looking to throw a set of coilovers on and my friend is selling me his Stage 2 APR tune this week. I personally think that a car should be left stock or done right. Sorry about the rambling I just hardly ever post on here and Ill start trying to be on more often.
Well it definitely sounds like youre on the right track. start a thread and post up some pics! become an active member.

Really? Ok I will look into them. I figured the upper strut bar would be a nice way to dress up the engine bay a tad and still get a little use out of the cash.
thats about the only use for them. you could always just sand and paint the red one too.

i have one, it claims to reduce chassis flex but you wont notice shit. its 99% for looks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.