VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone (in an SUV I'm guessing) hit my car on the panel above the lower panel on the driver side rear and dented it in. How freakin' hard is it to park without hitting other vehicles??? Now I have to deal with the stupid insurance compnay and deal with getting it fixed. Can a good body shop make it look as good as new?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'm sure they can make it look new but in my eyes it's never the same
sorry to here this. So they at lease stayed to exchange info?
jon

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
I'm sure they can make it look new but in my eyes it's never the same
sorry to here this. So they at lease stayed to exchange info?
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tough to exchange info when they aren't there anymore

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
ouch that happened to me and it pissed me off big time!! my left fender was never the same. it looked a bit different and the paint was a bit off. for the most part it looked good but i could tell it was different.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I saw that coming from the topic...sorry to hear that man. i hate a-holes that do that stupid stuff. good luck, my mom got hit twice now, and you cant tell it was ever hit and repainted.

·
Registered
158 Posts
sorry to hear about what happened, that happened to me as well. unfortunately yes a body shop will make it look like new, but, if you go to trade the car in somehow the appraiser always knows that the car was hit and repainted. that happened to me he could tell by the bolts in the door, because the paint was worn off. goodluck.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The reason you can usually tell is because the parts that have been repainted have that orange peal kind of look to them. I'm hoping that if someplace is really good that it won't be noticeable. As one of my friends told me, it was hit once, it will be hit again. I'm afraid he is probably right...

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
sorry to hear that tom, was it on campus? i hate those tight-ass parking spots, so i usually try to find an end spot and park way over the line. you should be able to find a person who can pull little dents though...i do not know of anyone first hand, but i know of a few people that have had it done and you couldn't notice it. i think they push them out from behind or something

[ December 22, 2003: Message edited by: 2 point slow ]

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is why people should never drive big cars, especially when they dont know how to FREAKING drive one!!!!! algkjasfjasif

good luck with your car, Tom!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got quoted between 225-250 today which is less than my deductible. So I guess there's no point in claiming it. The guys advice to me at the shop was to wait until spring and get them all (potential damage that could occur over the winter) fixed at once and save myself the trouble. Probably good advice; now all I have to do is be able to stand looking at it. I cringe every time I see it

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
I got quoted between 225-250 today which is less than my deductible. So I guess there's no point in claiming it. The guys advice to me at the shop was to wait until spring and get them all (potential damage that could occur over the winter) fixed at once and save myself the trouble. Probably good advice; now all I have to do is be able to stand looking at it. I cringe every time I see it
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worry about it rusting?

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Worry about it rusting?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's more dent than scrape. The guy at the body shop (who my old man trusts) says it would be fine until spring and I tend to agree. I can't see metal but it did get down to some primer or something (light blue/whitish colored). I was concerned about rust too but the more I look at it the more I think it will be okay.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
big dong on the forum got wrecked really good. a local shop (camp hill, PA) RMA designs fixed his jetta up so good, the dealership said they didnt even know it was hit. I also got a quote from them, they said they put the same orange peel look to the paint. like new. good luck tom and f those a-holes!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts