VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EastCoastDubz420:
I'm not sure if this is normal but is the ticking coming from the valvues normal?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

when I start my car up in the morning, I did hear a ticking noise coming from my engine. It's pretty normal.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Did you check your oil? When was your last oil change? Ticking isn't normal, though there are other noises that are. Does it eventually settle off and cease the noise in question?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just had a oil change. It stops but its on more then off. My car only has 9,000 miles. I'm thinking normal valvue sounds but not sure.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Wait a sec....are all your exhaust bolts tight from when you put in the Milltek? Did the noise start after the install of the system?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was post on another site after a kid went to the dealer for the noise "13179 Purge Solenoid valve. Noise is caused from Fuel evap purge
-Solenoid valve operation. Valve is operating normal - Valve clicks and noise is transferred through the mount & also from pressure waves in rubber lines & through their mounts. Installed rubber washers & Foam strip to help insulate purge valve mount (reduced noise a little) - Normal sound - unfortunately is more noticable on some cars than others due to mounts & pressure lines - No problems with purge valve"

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yah, I was told it was the FI system. Both my 1.8T's do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts