VW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
IF you are running real high boost, and running factory intercooler pipes.Then yes, I would certainly upgrade the hoses adn pipes.In the diesel performance world, blowing tubes and pipes and hoses,due to huge boost.Happens all the time, you will see huge smoke out of the truck all at once, and a loud pop under the hood.That is a pipe off the intercooler or turbo popping off loudly.The hoses going into the turbo, I would upgrade,because if you run high boost, running lotsa air through thta thing...Then it would be wise, to upgrade the hoses going into and out of the turbo,to larger stronger hoses.a bigger better intercooler itself may not be a bad idea, to keep things from getting too hot and kiling you horsepower.

· Registered
140 Posts
keep things cool

On a unrelated note,I wanna upgrade my wrx to something, that will keep cool in hot southern summers, when i have my foot in the boost.Turbo cars get hot really quickly ,especially in hot weather with your foot in it.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IF you are running real high boost, and running factory intercooler pipes.Then yes, I would certainly upgrade the hoses adn pipes.In the diesel performance world, blowing tubes and pipes and hoses,due to huge boost.Happens all the time, you will see huge smoke out of the truck all at once, and a loud pop under the hood.That is a pipe off the intercooler or turbo popping off loudly.The hoses going into the turbo, I would upgrade,because if you run high boost, running lotsa air through thta thing...Then it would be wise, to upgrade the hoses going into and out of the turbo,to larger stronger hoses.a bigger better intercooler itself may not be a bad idea, to keep things from getting too hot and kiling you horsepower.
I upgraded the intercooler already to a Steve Petty Side Mount Intercooler. I guess the hoses are next.
Any suggestions ? I see APR tuning have them at $199 for each section but SPM have them at $110 and $65.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.