VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've installed one at work on some guys Lincoln, But never on a MK2...

I think its a stupid idea.

It's suppose to swirl your intake air, so it will mix with gas for better vaporization in the cylinder.It may work, it may not. Don't know and really don't care if it does. All I know is that there Won't be one in my MK3

Nothing like a turbo. Turbo rams air into the cylinder. Thats why its called "Forced Induction"

My .02

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've heard in many places that the Tornado doesn't work at all. search for it at VWvortex, there's many threads about it from what I can remember.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hell, im all for improving the Enviroment, The engine's today run 25-50% cleaner then engines out 15 years ago. Start a 1988 vehicle, any. And then start a 2003 in a garage and then see how long you can stay in there with out getting a headache or start getting light headed You would be out of there in 10 min with the 1988. Also make sure they are at operating temp and in excellent running condition.. It might help fuel vaporation but performance maybe 1/2HP if that. Thats why the new generations of diesels are Direct Injection, Fuel rail is under so much pressure to vaporize the fuel. Fords new Power Stroke has 25,000 PSI in their HPressure fuel line. Better off getting a K/N.

And I most likely would be on the other side of the conversation if I did invent it but I didn't.

If I really wanted to drive Green, I would have bought a Honda Insight or Toyota Hybrid. But i do like the Internal combustion engine right now. The next engine i might buy is a diesel, but diesel prices are higher then gas...
Don't know why, its less refined the gas

This is just my opinion, each of us has are own, so please don't frown upon me

[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: A3VeeWee ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts