VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my front fenders to match those of a 90-92 so my bumper will fit properly. My pass side fits flush and everything, but the bumper seems like it could come up a bit, like the bracket is to low. can that be fixed?... prob 2. i replaced the hood as well because it had a nice dent in it. the drvr side fender fits the bumper well but it seems to sit a little higher than the hood. is this just what happens when you swap out stock stuff? any help please

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i would check to make sure all the bolts are tight and its like a puzzle...if one peice is thrown off then the whole things could...let me know how it works out

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
They aftermarket body panels?

·
Registered
112 Posts
you probably just need to make some adjustments if they are genuine vw parts. It's kinda hard to say how without seeing exactly what is going on.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
i took autobody in school and i'll tell ya it's not always easy to get everything lined up right. that;s why the bolts have the big washers for adjustability. Loosen them all up and keep shifting it around and try to line it up. keep at it. good luck

·
Registered
573 Posts
Would there be a difference between the 90-92 fenders and your car? The 90-92s did have the "big doors", not sure how or if it affects the fit you're trying to get.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with my original fenders it fit skinny bumpers. i had to drill new holes to fit the brackets for big bumpers. the holes worked but weren't exact, thus my bumper would tend to break the brackets and droop. it was a P.I.T.A. to frig with it every time so i broke down and bought new ones. but now that i'm thinking of it. the drivers side fender was replaced before i had the car and i think it came off a new a2 so maybe i could put that one back on. hey if anyone needs fenders or a hood let me know i've got some laying around.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TruBluJettaMK2:
Would there be a difference between the 90-92 fenders and your car? The 90-92s did have the "big doors", not sure how or if it affects the fit you're trying to get.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the big doors came out in 88. His car has them already from the factory. But either way all a2 fenders and doors are interchangable. They just need a little work ot get everything right. Good luck with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts